What is the IONC
IONC International Organization of Nutritional Consultants is the professional organization that represents 700 plus Holistic and Orthomolecular health Practitioners in Canada and internationally.
IONC is a not for profit corporation established in 1983 to assure the public that practitioners are meeting high educational standards.
Holistic Nutrition is not a regulated profession in Canada.
This year IONC members can expect to see significant changes in our field . An Ontario government submission has been filed to legitimize our profession and approved schools, achieve title and scope of practice protection for our members, increase public safety, and enhance client/patient insurance coverage for services. This ultimately translates to collaboration with other health professions, optimizing human resources and competencies for better client wellness outcomes.
What services are provided by the IONC?
- Reduced professional liability insurance rates are available to our members. Please Download & open Partners Indemnity Insurance form to view rates.
- Professional members have Full access to Natural Standards professional Database included with membership ($300 value)
- You will be receiving our newsletter, "Nutregram", Monthly by email to keep you aware of new issues in the nutrition field.
- You are invited and encouraged to attend IONC Annual General Meetings
- You are invited to attend at reduced rates IONC Quality Education Upgrading Seminars
- You have the opportunity to submit articles and features for the IONC newsletter.
- IONC offers Networking ONLINE-a professional forum which provides peer support
- IONC Members enjoy reduced subscription costs to Galen's Watch & reduced Membership to CSOM
- IONC Members gain free entry to CHFA Trade Shows within Canada.
- IONC Members receive notification of Exclusive special offers via our Monthly updates.
Download the IONC By-Laws
The by-laws of the IONC are available for download.
You can read the by-laws using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Download IONC By-Laws (Revised)